Welcome to the Human Resources Office, serving all employees of the Town of Burlington, as well as those interested in working for Burlington.
It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to support the Town of Burlington’s vision by promoting the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ~ so that the "soul" of the community is to accept who we are and support our efforts to succeed in how we live in the diverse nature of the Town.
The Human Resources Department will recruit, develop, and retain a high performing workforce, while simultaneously recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity and championing professional growth. We endeavor to cultivate a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for all employees.
The Human Resources department provides programs and services to assist employees throughout all stages of their career. The department oversees a variety of functions including:
- Administration of wages and salaries
- Connecting employees with personal and professional resources
- Developing and administering training and professional development
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Ensuring compliance to employment laws
- Identifying and selecting qualified job candidates
- Labor relations and support for contract negotiations
- Leave management, including workers compensation and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Personnel policy development and management
Explore this section of our website for the information you may need. If you have questions or anything you would like to discuss, we are happy to assist!
Looking to Verify Employment?
Please direct requests for salary information to the appropriate Payroll Office:
Please email Human Resources with all other verification requests.