**FOR REFERENCE: 75 MIDDLESEX TURNPIKE (BURLINGTON MALL) IS ALSO KNOWN AS 0 BURLINGTON MALL IN VIEWPOINT**
The Building Department is responsible for the review, inspection and permitting of new construction and/or alterations to any structures within the Town.
Construction Control Documents
- Construction Requirements (DOCX)
- Construction Documents - Initial (DOCX)
- Construction Documents - Final (DOCX)
- Construction Control -GC Final (DOCX)
- Debris Affidavit
All structural lumber spec sheets (LVLs, I-JOISTS) MUST be stamped by a Massachusetts Engineer or Architect, unless submitted plans are stamped by the same.
All applications for a building permit are required to be submitted in complete form including the following information:
- Building Permit application filled out completely including contractor information (license/insurance information, etc.). All questions are required to be answered.
- Buildings/Structures over 35,000 cubic feet are required to have original stamp and signature, along with affidavits filled out completely.
- Plot/Site Plan showing location of proposed new building and/or addition.
- Projects (other than single family dwellings) are required to have Planning Board approval (Site Plan/Special Permit approval). They also have the authority to issue fines on persons or properties violating the Town's General By-Laws, Zoning By-Laws and Building Code Regulations.
If you are planning any construction projects, please plan a minimum of two weeks for completion of your application; plan review and issuance of the building permit for most construction jobs.
We do ask you submit your complaints in writing via the Town Clerks webpage: "I want to" or "Request for Information".